Nike and Adidas are two of the biggest sports brands in the world, and dominate endorsement deals in major sports. Below are some of the big names who have signed with them;
5. Lionel Messi – ADIDAS (Lifetime contract, £20M / Year)
Messi recently confirmed the new deal on his official Facebook page saying: “Happy to be able to continue working with Adidas for many more years!” The deal was rumoured to be worth close to US$1 billion!
4. Cristiano Ronaldo – NIKE (Lifetime Contract, £21.4M / Year)
Ronaldo has worn 60 different kinds of Nike boots over the last 13 years. Only a day after putting pen to paper on a new contract with Real Madrid until 2020, Nike moved swiftly to get their man’s signature too.
3. Kevin Durant – NIKE (Ten Year Contract, £28.5M / Year)
Kevin Durant turned down a $70 million deal from Adidas, who offered $8.5 million per year for seven years, to wear Nike. 2014 saw him getting a new mega deal of £28.5m over 10-year deal (2014-24), which is worth £285m.
2. Lebron James – NIKE (Lifetime Contract, £30M / Year)
1. Michael Jordan – NIKE (Lifetime Contract worth over £100M / Year)
Michael Jordan is not only one of the most well-known and loved basketball players of all time, he is also the player with the biggest endorsement from Nike. Air Jordan’s were introduced back in 1984, and ever since they’ve been some of the most popular athletic shoes on the market.