The UEFA Champions League is back again as different elite teams will be back into action on Tuesday 13, February 2018.
The European competition is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world and is an annual continental club football competition.
The competition was founded in 1955 as ‘European Cup’. But it was renamed and re-inaugurated in 1992, the time it was given the name ‘UEFA Champions League’.
Since then, a number of players from different clubs across Europe have managed to score goals in the competition. But how many of them who were able to score hat-tricks?
Today, we take a look at top 5 clubs with the most hat-trick scorers in this competition.
5. Manchester United – 5 times by 4 players
Premier League giants Manchester United have managed to win the tournament three times. But they won it two times since 1992-93 and only 4 players scored a hat-trick since then.
- Andy Cole: Scored 2 hat-tricks in 1997 vs Feyenoord and Anderlecht in 2000.
- Wayne Rooney: Scored a hat-trick on his United debut in 2004 vs Fenerbache.
- Ruud van Nistelrooy: scored a hat-trick in 2004 vs Sparta Prague.
- Robin van Persie: Scored a Hat-trick in 2014 vs Olympiacos.
4. Arsenal – 6 times by 6 players
– Thierry Henry: Scored a hat-trick in 2002 vs AS Roma.
– Nicklas Bendtner: Scored a hat-trick in 2010 vs FC Porto.
– Danny Welbeck: Scored a hat-trick in 2014 vs Galatasaray.
– Oliver Giroud: Scored a hat-trick in 2015 vs Olympiacos.
– Mesut Ozil: Scored a hat-trick in 2016 vs Ludogorets Razgrad.
– Lucas Perez: Scored a hat-trick in 2016 vs Basel.
3. Bayern Münch – 7 times by 5 players
- Roy Makaay: Scored a hat-trick in 2004 vs Ajax.
- Ivica Olic: Scored a hat-trick in 2010 vs Lyon.
- Mario Gomez: Scored three hat-tricks vs CFR Cluj (2010), Basel (2012) and Napoli (2013).
- Claudio Pizzaro: Scored a hat-trick in 2012 vs Lille.
- Lewandowski: Scored a hat-trick in 2015 vs Dinamo Zagreb.
SEE MORE NEXT PAGE…