Manchester United agree to sign Benfica forward; while Jose Mourinho planning for future. Luke Shaw rejects Fenerbahce interest; while Paul Pogba trains with Manchester United’s reserves.
5. Man United boss Jose Mourinho planning for future
Jose Mourinho will reportedly use the international break to assess a number of potential transfer targets as the Manchester United boss plans for the future.
Speculation has been rife that the Portuguese could leave Old Trafford at the end of the season for Paris Saint-Germain.
However, according to Sky Sports News, Mourinho is still planning for the club’s future. And will spend the next week watching a number of potential new signings in action for their countries.
The 54-year-old is midway through the three-year contract that he signed at United in the summer of 2016.
Earlier this week, it was reported that Mourinho will demand that the Red Devils back him in the transfer market as he looks to build a title-winning team at Old Trafford.
Mourinho delivered three trophies in his first season at United. But the Portuguese’s team are already eight points off leaders Manchester City in the Premier League table this term.
4. Paul Pogba trains with Manchester United’s reserves
Paul Pogba reportedly stepped up his recovery from a hamstring problem by training with Manchester United’s reserve team on Wednesday.
The 24-year-old has missed United’s last 12 matches in all competitions after injuring his hamstring during the Champions League clash with Basel at the start of September.
Pogba is said to be hoping to return to action when United take on Newcastle United after the international break.
According to ESPN, the midfielder took part in a training session with some of the club’s younger players on Wednesday.
The report claims that Marcos Rojo and Michael Carrick were also present as the pair near comebacks.
The return of all these stars would boost Jose Mourinho’s squad ahead of the busy festive period.
Pogba scored twice and provided two assists in his first four Premier League appearances of the 2017-18 campaign.
3. Luke Shaw rejects Fenerbahce interest
Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw will reportedly reject the chance to join Fenerbahce at the start of 2018.
Earlier this week, it was reported that the Turkish giants were interested in signing the defender.
The 22-year-old has not made a single Premier League appearance for the Red Devils this season.
Indeed, both of Shaw’s first-team appearances this term have come off the bench in the EFL Cup.
However, according to the Daily Mail, Shaw is not interested in a move to Turkey as he wants to stay and fight for his place at United in the second half of the 2017-18 campaign.
Ashley Young is currently United’s first-choice left-back; while Daley Blind and Matteo Darmian are also ahead of Shaw in the pecking order at Old Trafford.
2. Manchester United agree to sign Benfica forward
Benfica have reportedly agreed to allow Umaro Embalo sign for Manchester United in the near future.
Last month, it was claimed that United had developed an interest in Embalo. The 16-year-old has impressed in the youth sides at Benfica.
According to Record, United have now met Benfica’s demands for the teenager, who will allegedly cost around £5m.
Real Madrid were also said to be admirers of the prospect. But United are seemingly primed to confirm an agreement with the Portuguese giants.
Embalo will reportedly feature in United’s academy set-up before coming under consideration for a place in Jose Mourinho’s first team.
1.Manchester United tracking Gremio’s Arthur Melo
Manchester United are tracking Gremio midfielder Arthur Melo, according to the Daily Mail.
The 21-year-old has impressed in the Brazilian top-flight and earned a first international call up for October’s World Cup qualifiers.
Jose Mourinho’s side could face competition from Chelsea, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid for his signature.