Top 5 Arsenal News – CONFIRMED: Gunners Star Ruled Out For Six Weeks Due To Injury

Top 5 Arsenal News – CONFIRMED: Gunners Star Ruled Out For Six Weeks Due To Injury

DEAL DONE: Arsenal defender pens two-year contract extension at Emirates Stadium; while Arsene Wenger handed a huge injury boost as star player could return for Watford trip. Arsene Wenger still hopeful over Mesut Ozil deal; while Alexis Sanchez is doubtful for Watford game.

5. Arsene Wenger hopeful over Mesut Ozil deal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has suggested that he is hopeful of Mesut Ozil penning a new contract at the Emirates Stadium.

Ozil has less than a year remaining on his current terms. The German international has been linked with a transfer to the likes of Manchester United, Inter Milan, and Fenerbahce.

However, a report indicated that negotiations over a fresh deal for Ozil were progressing in the right direction.

Wenger has hinted that one of the club’s key men may extend his stay in North London.

The Frenchman told reporters: “It is my understanding [that he wants to stay]. I hope the situation can be turned around.”

“At the moment, we are not close enough to announce anything.”

4. REVEALED: Alexis Sanchez is doubtful for Watford game

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that forward Alexis Sanchez is a fitness doubt ahead of the Premier League fixture at Watford.

Sanchez was involved in Chile’s 3-0 defeat to Brazil on Tuesday night. The Gunners attacker was unable to help his national team to the World Cup despite playing the full 90 minutes.

Wenger has acknowledged that the 28-year-old was involved in a physical game. The Frenchman admitted that the former Barcelona star is not guaranteed to start at Vicarage Road.

The Frenchman told reporters: “I will have to speak to him. Yesterday, I watched the whole game and I must say he got some special treatment.”

“It was very physical and mentally I will have to assess the situation.”

Sanchez has scored just one goal in seven appearances in all competitions this season.

3. Calum Chambers pens two-year contract extension at Arsenal

Arsenal have confirmed that Calum Chambers has signed a two-year contract extension at Arsenal.

The 22-year-old has been part of the Gunners since 2014 when he signed from Southampton for a reported £16m fee.

There was speculation that the defender would leave the Emirates in the summer after spending last season on loan at Middlesbrough.

However, Chambers, who has made just one appearance this season, has decided to extend his stay after making 60 outings.

2. Laurent Koscielny may return for Watford trip

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny could reportedly return for his side’s trip to Watford in the Premier League on Saturday.

The 32-year-old missed both France’s final World Cup qualifiers with an Achilles injury. But according to The Telegraph, it is hoped that he will be fit for Saturday afternoon’s clash with the Hornets.

Arsenal fans will be hoping that Koscielny’s presence can keep their impressive recent form going.

1. Skhodran Mustafi ruled out for at least a month

Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has been ruled out of action for up to six weeks after sustaining a thigh injury on international duty.

During Germany’s World Cup qualifier with Azerbaijan, Mustafi pulled up with the problem and needed to be helped off the pitch.

It was immediately suggested by coach Joachim Low that the 25-year-old would miss a prolonged period.

At his pre-match press conference ahead of the trip to Watford, manager Arsene Wenger has now revealed that the centre-back could be missing until the end of November.

But the Gunners boss will be keen to ensure that Mustafi is available for the Christmas period.

The former Schalke 04 man has made six appearances in all competitions during the current campaign.

See also: Workhorses Who Have Covered the Most Distance in the Premier League So Far

Written by