Chelsea Football Club is an English professional association football club based in Fulham, London. The club was established in 1905 and plays its home games at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea’s first match was on 2nd September 1095 against Stockport County, Second Division. Their first win came on the 4th September in a friendly match against Liverpool. Here everything you need to know about Chelsea FC.
9. In May 2007, Chelsea was the first team to win the FA Cup at the new Wembley Stadium
The Blues are the real King of Wembley! Having been the last to win the FA Cup at the Old Wembley Stadium, Chelsea also became the first to win it at the new Wembley in a win over Manchester United, 2007 FA Cup Final, 19 May 2007.
8. Chelsea was the first British club to field an entirely foreign starting line-up
Chelsea became the first British side to field an entirely foreign starting line-up (no British or Irish players) in a Premier League match against Southampton.
7. Most goals scored in a season: 103, Chelsea (2009–10)
In 2009-10 season, Chelsea won their third historic title, scoring a Premier League record 103 goals. 68 goals of those were scored at home. That is also another record of most goals scored at home.
6. Chelsea hold the English record for the highest ever points total for a league season (95)
Chelsea broke a number of records in the 2004-05 season. This includes a record of the highest ever points total for a league season (95). They also made the highest number of clean sheets (25).
5. The first and ONLY English club to win all four European trophies
Upon winning the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League, Chelsea became the first an ONLY English club to win all four European trophies.
4. The only club to hold the Champions League and the Europa League at the same time
The Blues won the 2013 UEFA Europa League Final on 15 May 2013, and still being holders of the 2011–12 UEFA Champions League until 25 May 2013. That made them the ONLY team in the history of the European competitions to be holders of the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League at the same time.
3. The highest number of Premier League victories in a season (30)
During the 2016–17 season, the Blues secured their 5th Premier League title with the highest number of Premier League victories in a season (30). They also scored 109 goals.
2. The highest aggregate victory in European competition (21-0)
Chelsea’s 21–0 aggregate victory over Jeunesse Hautcharage in the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup in 1971 remains a record in European competition.
1. The Blues were the first English side to travel by airplane to a domestic away match
Chelsea was the first English side to travel by airplane to a domestic away match, when they visited Newcastle United on 19 April 1957.