Top 5 Chelsea News – England Midfielder To Force Stamford Bridge Move

Top 5 Chelsea News – England Midfielder To Force Stamford Bridge Move

Mertesacker accepts Gary Cahill apology after an aerial collision; while former Chelsea coach worried the club could suffer this season due to transfer business. Antonio Conte to leave Chelsea next year?! Dutch defender would prefer Liverpool to Chelsea.

5. Jamie Carragher expects Antonio Conte to leave Chelsea next year

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has predicted that Antonio Conte will leave Chelsea within the next 12 months.

The Italian had a stellar first season at Stamford Bridge by guiding the team to the Premier League title.

There were rumors earlier in the summer that Conte was considering quitting his job. But he ended up signing a new two-year contract in July.

“I’d be very surprised if I’m sitting here in 12 months’ time and he’s the Chelsea manager,” Carragher told Sky Sports’ The Debate show.

“I think he’s the type of manager who won’t accept the involvement from people above, especially on the back of winning the title. He’s not going to go quietly and it’s not great for the club when the manager is coming out and speaking the way he is.”

4. Virgil van Dijk would prefer Liverpool to Chelsea

Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk would reportedly prefer a move to Liverpool than Chelsea after lodging a formal transfer request.

The Dutchman has been linked to the Reds for some time. However, it seemed as though a deal was dead in the water after the club were accused by Southampton of tapping up their star man.

In June, Liverpool released a statement apologizing for their conduct and publicly claimed that they will withdraw their interest in the player.

It is believed that Chelsea are interested in signing the £60m-rated centre-back. But according to The Express, Van Dijk still has his heart set on a move to Anfield.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp recently hinted that he is no longer in the market for a defender. The German coach insisted that he does not need any more players in that position.

3. Ray Wilkins worried Chelsea could suffer this season due to transfer business 

Former Chelsea coach Ray Wilkins is ‘worried’ about how the season will pan out due to transfer activity this summer.

The Premier League champions have brought in Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko, and Alvaro Morata. But a handful of players has left through the Stamford Bridge exit gates.

“It wasn’t the fact they lost yesterday to Arsenal because at times I thought there was some very good football from Chelsea. It was the body language the worried me, from Conte all the way down,” Wilkins told talkSPORT.

“They didn’t look happy. They didn’t look a side that was united and I think they are in for a tough season if new faces aren’t brought into the squad.”

“I cannot for the life of me understand Nemanja Matic going to one of their biggest rivals in Manchester United. With Matic performing so superbly well over the last three seasons, I can’t see why.”

“I think Chelsea are weaker squad-wise. I think Conte should be worried and I think he looked worried yesterday. They need to be delving into their cash to bring more players in.”

Conte and his men will begin the defence of their title on Saturday at home to Burnley.

Page 1 of 2Next
Written by