Top 5 Transfer News – AS Monaco Star Chooses Chelsea Over Both Manchester Clubs

Top 5 Transfer News – AS Monaco Star Chooses Chelsea Over Both Manchester Clubs

Chelsea could turn to Luis Enrique as Antonio Conte replacement; while Tottenham Hotspur eye unsettled Manchester United defender. Paris Saint-Germain to bid €140m for Real Madrid superstar; while Lyon close to Chelsea striker deal.

5. Lyon near Chelsea’s Bertrand Traore deal

Lyon are in advanced talks to sign Chelsea forward Bertrand Traore, according to the Ligue 1 club’s president Jean-Michel Aulas.

The 21-year-old scored 13 goals last season while on loan at Ajax. Aulas said Lyon face competition from a host of other club to land Traore.

“We want to bring Bertrand Traore to the club,” Aulas told reporters at a press conference to unveil the club’s newly signed defender Fernando Marcal.

“There are advanced talks there, but many clubs are interested. We absolutely want to do the deal.”

The Burkina Faso international signed a new three-year contract at Chelsea in 2016.

4. Paris Saint-Germain to bid €140m for Cristiano Ronaldo

Paris Saint-Germain are prepared to make Cristiano Ronaldo the most expensive player in history, Corriere dello Sport reports.

It is claimed that the Ligue 1 side are already in talks with the Portugal captain’s agent, Jorge Mendes; and are ready to offer the wantaway Real Madrid man a salary of €30m per year.

According to Marca, Ronaldo has told his international teammates that his decision is final; and that he truly will depart the Spanish capital.

“I am leaving Real Madrid. I have made a decision.”There is no turning back,” he told his Portuguese colleagues.

3. Tottenham Hotspur eye Manchester United’s Smalling

Tottenham are set to pursue a transfer bid for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, according to the Daily Mail.

Spurs had hoped to sign highly-rated Hull centre-back Harry Maguire, but he instead chose to sign for Leicester City for £17 million.

United signing Victor Lindelof is obviously Smalling’s replacement and he could be open to leaving this summer if he wants first-team football.

2. Chelsea could turn to Luis Enrique

Chelsea could turn to Luis Enrique should Antonio Conte walk out as Chelsea boss over a transfer fallout, according to the Telegraph.

Conte is yet to put pen to paper on a new Chelsea contract, despite winning the Premier League in 2016-17; and there are reports in Italy he’s unhappy with the Blues’ transfer policy.

Although Chelsea are desperate to keep him, Enrique has emerged as a potential replacement having stepped aside from the Barcelona job this summer.

Conte has been subject to return to his homeland amid speculation linking him with Inter Milan job; as the Italian boss looking to reunite with his family.

1. AS Monaco star Tiemoue Bakayoko decides on Chelsea move

Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko has chosen to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester City and Manchester United, according to L’Equipe via Sport Witness.

Chelsea were reportedly getting tired of waiting for Bakayoko to make a decision; and that has spurred the player and his entourage to plump for a move to Stamford Bridge.

In their Friday edition, L’Equipe report that Bakayoko has chosen to join Chelsea; despite both Manchester clubs wanting to sign him.

The reasoning behind that decision is the presence of Antonio Conte, someone Bakayoko obviously feels he could work well with.

The two clubs now need to agree a fee, with Chelsea reportedly offering up to €30 million (£26m) so far, with Monaco holding out for at least €45m (£39m).

Written by