OFFICIAL: AC Milan complete their fourth signing beating Barcelona on the deal; while Man United midfielder Harrop linked to Championship side. Mohamed Salah Move From Roma To Liverpool Was Confirmed; as Diego Costa gives update on Chelsea situation.
5. Diego Costa gives update on Chelsea situation
Chelsea striker Diego Costa is not keeping quiet about that message from his manager Antoino Conte.
Last week, the 28-year-old revealed that Chelsea’s manager sent him a message; while he was away on international duty to let him know he was no longer in his plans.
Speaking to the media following Spain’s 2-1 win in Macedonia costa gave an update on his situation; and where he’d like to move.
“I have a contract with Chelsea, they have to know what to do with me and I have to wait and know the decision that my club takes. I have a contract of two years with Chelsea, they have to decide. If they sell me, I will look for the best choice,” Costa said.
“Atletico [Madrid] is among them, it would not mean not playing, they can loan me out to some team in Spain, Brazil or wherever, but I have to play.”
“Everyone knows that I have a lot of affection for them. Of course I rule out China, I have to think about the World Cup. Atletico is a club that I have a lot of affection for, independently of whether I go there or not, I will continue to love them.”
4. Mohamed Salah move from Roma to Liverpool confirmed by Italian press
The transfer of Mohamed Salah to Liverpool has taken a familiar route once again, as the deal is close to completion.
On this Monday morning there was an update from Egypt, confirming the deal was close. And in this afternoon there is more news from Italy, via Corriere dello Sport, who reveal that Salah is almost a Liverpool player.
The report goes on to state that this week will be decisive and that there could be an announcement at the beginning of this week.
According to reports in Egypt, Liverpool’s latest offer of €40m (£35m) appears to have signalled the breakthrough.
Liverpool will also pay a further five million euros in incentives. All that is left to agree are the add-ons for the deal.
3. Man United midfielder Harrop linked to Championship side
Midfielder Josh Harrop could become the latest Manchester United player to jopin Championship outfit Preston North-End, according to the Daily Mail.
Harrop is out-of-contract at Old Trafford this summer; so could be tempted away from United by the prospect of regular first team football elsewhere, potentially at Deepdale.
Preston aren’t thought to be the only club interested in Harrop; but the fact he’s based in the north-west could be key to his joining North End.
2. OFFICIAL: André Silva joins Milan on a five-year deal from Porto
AC Milan have completed the signing of Portugal striker Andre Silva from Porto for a reported €38m plus bonuses.
The Portuguese forward has put pen to paper and become the fourth signing of the Rossoneri in this transfer window.
Silva passed a medical with Milan on this Monday, before putting pen to paper on what is thought to be a five-year contract.
Reports of a deal being agreed between Porto and the Rossoneri only surfaced on Sunday evening; making the 21-year-old’s arrival at San Siro something of a whirlwind.
The attacker enjoyed a breakthrough 2016-17 campaign, scoring 21 goals in 44 appearances for Porto.
He has since established himself as Cristiano Ronaldo’s strike partner for Portugal, netting seven times in just eight caps.
1. Big blow for Man United as their top target is going nowhere
Manchester United can kiss goodbye to a deal for Andrea Belotti, according to Torino president Urbano Cairo.
“I care about Belotti and I’m keeping hold of him,” Cairo told Italian broadcaster Radio 24.
“He has a contract with Torino until 2021. I would only sell him for €100m [£88m]; but even then he can refuse.”
“The most important thing is what he wants, regardless of the release clause, and I believe he wants to stay.”